WinPatrol Firewall – Plug and play Firewall Security for the home user.admin
The World’s easiest Personal Firewall!
BLOCK Malware your AV misses, BEFORE it infects!
Take back control of which programs get to use the Internet!
Fast and effective, does NOT slow down your computer!
Effective against Zero Day threats, junkware, spyware and malware!
Perfect companion with WinPatrol WAR and WinPatrol
WinPatrol Firewall Documentation
The Full Benefit of WinPatrol Firewall
Since it’s released on March 1st, 2015, WinPatrol Firewall has blocked tens of thousands of malware infections from using the Internet to infect the computer further!!!
That’s right! WinPatrol Firewall BLOCKS Malware BEFORE it can download more malware and fully infect your computer.
Purchase our Ultimate Bundle and combine WinPatrol Firewall with WinAntiRansom’s ability block Ransomware and Malware along with WinPatrol PLUS’ ability to alert you to system changes and you have a power set of tools to enhance your AntiVirus.
Finally! A program that brings transparency to the Internet!
- WinPatrol Firewall rips open the veil of secrecy programs have been hiding behind by exposing every single program on your computer that is using the Internet.
- “Smart Recognition” automatically allows/blocks programs so you don’t have to.
- “What others do” percentages help you determine whether to allow/blocks programs.
- Icons help you identify programs, signed programs and Microsoft protected programs at a glance.
- Allow/Block by signature. Now it’s super easy to allow all programs for your printer or other.
- Tells you from where each program is sending and receiving data, and how much.
- Gives you the power to block Internet access for any program(s).
- Empowers you to block any unknown programs from using the Internet without your permission. INCLUDING Viruses!
- Can automatically remove unwanted Flash Cookies… Why should I care about Flash Cookies?
- Designed to Block Canvas Fingerprinting…. What is Canvas Fingerprinting and why should I care about that?
- Informs you which sites DO NOT use Canvas Fingerprinting so you can use them instead.
- Program Details Dialog gives you detailed specifics about any program.
- 15 Day, fully functional, free trial available.
Allowed Flash Cookies
Blocked Flash Cookies
Spy Block Technology!
Spy Block Technology is the ability to block embedded spyware while allowing the main program to run wanted/needed functionality.
To test Spy Block, we took a list of domains we found on the Internet that were reported as potentially associated with Windows 10 embedded spying. We entered these domains into the Spy Block page in WinPrivacy, excluding invalid domains.
Because the list did not have any associated ports, we blocked traffic on both ports 80 and 443. We then ran a test for approximately 12 hours, during this time we opened various MS Office products, browsed the Internet, ran the Snippet tool, used File Explorer and placed the computer into and out of hibernation. Please click on the image to see a larger version of the results.
As you can see, WinPrivacy is actively blocked traffic to these domains. Not surprisingly, not every domain recorded traffic. This can be due to many factors like our not tripping the switch for reporting on that domain during our tests or that we simply haven’t run the test for a long enough period of time yet.
But the bottom line is, WinPrivacy PLUS BLOCKS embedded spying.
What is “Smart Recognition”?
“Smart Recognition” uses definitions that empower WinPrivacy to make intelligent decisions to allow/block programs on your behalf. When programs like FireFox, Chrome or Internet Explorer first try to go to the Internet, WinPrivacy will recognize them an automatically allow them Internet access.
Even though “Smart Recognition” is active, WinPrivacy will still raise an alert so that you know a new program has been allowed to use the Internet. The alert also allows you to override that decision.
- The alert tells you this program is a “Microsoft Protected File“, meaning it is a critical program for Windows.
- In addition, “What others do” shows you the percentage of customers who’ve allowed and blocked this program.
- Also available is a “Plus Info” button where you find out more information about the program.
Back to top
Why should I care about Flash Cookies?
Because Flash Cookies are security risks!
Did you know that “Flash Cookies” are not really cookies at all? These are actually special local storage areas in your PC, made available by folks at Adobe via the Flash programming interface. For honest users of Flash cookies, there is no malicious intent and is generally safe.
Unfortunately however, these Flash Cookies can be exploited. And can be used for purposes beyond their intent. To makes matters worse, unlike browser cookies, Flash cookies can be shared among companies provided they have access to these special storage areas.
Did you also know that companies can use Flash “local storage” even if they aren’t using Flash? This is a wee-bit strange. Why do remote programs use “local storage” inside your PC that can be easily accessed the web? This for most is a clear threat and a security risk.
This is why we recommend automatically removing all Flash Cookies, unless you know which ones are absolutely necessary. Gaming cookies are good examples of Flash Cookies that may be needed.
We’ve been following this practice on every single one of our personal and business computers since last fall and have yet to find a problem because we removed a Flash Cookie.
We’d rather be safe than sorry.
Back to top
What is Canvas Fingerprinting and why should I care?
Canvas Fingerprinting is an insidious way of monitoring your Internet activity and sharing that data with other entities participating with the same 3rd party provider.
Think of it this way. As you browse from site to site, where you go and what you view can be tracked. With regular cookies, only the web page which placed the cookie on your computer can read it. With Canvas Fingerprinting however, every single entity, (company, government, whomever) collaborating with the 3rd party provider has access to your viewing history and general on-line persona.
Do you want to share this kind of data, your data, with thousands of companies, governments and malware authoring syndicates?
Remember, all kinds of sites participate in this. Shopping sites, government sites, gaming sites, porn sites and even “Private Browsing” won’t protect you. Do you want all these entities to know everything you do?
We don’t. That is why we included our Canvas Fingerprinting solution in WinPrivacy at no extra charge.
Back to top
What does "Anonymous License" mean anyway?
Simple. We don't know who you are and we don't care. We simply want to provide you with a great product at a great price. Like walking into a store with cash in your pocket and walking out with what you want.
When you purchase any of our products, our cart processors need to request enough information to process the order and to meet tax regulations. In other words, we need to be able to summarize all orders by county for the State of Florida where we are located. No details. We only access this summarized data at tax time.
We DO NOT receive ANY personal information, including your email address, domicile address, or even country of purchase. Our cart processors simply ask us to give them a license to send to you in exchange for processing the order.
This means unlike companies like Facebook, Google, most security products and most other companies on the Internet, we don't track you in the name of "marketing".
- We don't collect your information.
- We don't sell your information.
- We don't give your information away.
We respect your privacy.
Over 2,000,000 happy customers since 1997.
Click edit button to change this code.